During the Autumn Term, Cherry Class will be travelling back in time to the prehistoric era, where they will discover what it was like to live in the Stone Age era.To spark engagement in the classroom, we will be using our new 'Curiosity Corner' to reveal stone age-themed objects and ask curious questions about them, to discover and build upon our knowledge. Throughout this term, we will learn about the famous cave paintings all over the world to help inspire us to create our own, as well as discover the different species that lived during that time and the variety of food that was available to help us to understand the nutrition of the stone age people and how this helped them to survive.
- PE days this term are Tuesday and Friday, although this is weather dependent and, therefore, could change each week so it is advisable to have PE kits in school every day.
- Reading planners need to be in school every day, along with reading books.
- As part of your homework, you need to be reading at least 3x each week and recording this into your reading planner. This will be checked by an adult.
- Alongside your reading, you need to be accessing TTRS at least once a week to help you practise your times tables. To access TTRS, please see the below link.
- There will also be theme homework set at the start of the term, with the expectation for you to complete at least 10 pieces by the end of the big term.